Donations to be Distributed through C.H. Robinson to Health Systems and Key Areas by Direct Relief, Heart to Heart International, IsraAid, MAP International, and Project HOPE
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC), in partnership with C.H. Robinson and the C.H. Robinson Foundation, announced its commitment today to donate more than 2.5 million personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control items through Henry Schein Cares, the Company’s corporate social responsibility program, to enhance the safety of front-line health care workers in Brazil and India as they combat the recent surge in COVID-19 cases.
The donation includes N95 face masks, level 1 face masks, level 2 face masks, coveralls, hand sanitizer, pulse oximeters, isolation gowns, and face shields. In collaboration with logistics partner C.H. Robinson, Henry Schein will distribute these products to several Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). The NGOs are then planning to redistribute the supplies to health systems and key areas in Brazil and India.
The recipients in India currently include the Baptist Hospital in Bangalore, LNJP Hospital in New Delhi, All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Deenanth Mangeshkar Hospital in Pune, Nair Hospital in Mumbai, and the State of Maharashtra. In Brazil, items will be distributed to health care workers in Rio de Janeiro and the State of Sergipe.
“It is critical that we help combat the rise in COVID-19 cases in Brazil and India, where the outbreak is particularly severe,” said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Henry Schein, Inc. “Together with our NGO partners, we will continue the urgent task of enhancing the safety of the heroic health care professionals caring for patients battling the COVID-19 virus.”
Henry Schein’s NGO partners in this effort are as follows:
- Direct Relief is a humanitarian aid organization, active in all 50 states and more than 80 countries, with a mission to improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies – without regard to politics, religion, or ability to pay;
- Heart to Heart International is a global humanitarian organization that improves access to health and responds to the needs of people affected by disasters worldwide;
- IsraAIDis an Israel-based non-governmental organization that responds to emergencies all over the world with targeted humanitarian help;
- MAP Internationalis a non-profit humanitarian organization providing medicines and health supplies to millions of people worldwide so they might experience life to the fullest; and
- Project HOPE is a global health and humanitarian relief organization that is committed to placing power in the hands of local health care workers to save lives across the globe.